Wednesday 21 December 2011

Cavalcade of Lights

Straight after getting our Christmas photo taken we all headed into downtown for another Toronto Christmas must. The Cavalcade of Lights. This is a huge evening for the city, held in Nathan Phillips square they set up stage for live music acts and then there is a fantastic fireworks display (video of which can be found on my facebook). Also they have an outdoor skating rink for which you can either just bring your own skates and hope on and off, or you hire skates at $10 for 2 hours. Which is what Monique, Andrew and I did while listening to the music and watching the fireworks. It took a while to get into the skating since I haven't done it for a couple of years but it was a laugh.  The best bit though had to be right at the beginning when I was still not quite into the skating so looking quite ridiculous all dressed up from the photo barely making it round the rink, when this young girl skated pass me and said "you're pretty". I had a huge smile plastered on my face after that, even when I kept almost falling over. I would recommend the Cavalcade of Lights to anyone in the vicinity at the right time, especially a Brit who may have been upset about the lack of fireworks on Nov 5th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment