Saturday 3 September 2011

Hello Canada!

As you might have guessed from the title of this blog I am now in Canada! Yay! To achieve (yes I do realise that it wasn't particularly an achievement but I like the word so there :P!) this I had to go on a plane for 8 hours. The prospect of this was not an overly enjoyable one, I had a premium economy seat so was look at a good seat and good meal. However, it seems that God was looking out for me as I got upgraded to business class! So had a great seat, great food, brilliant service. This all mean that a flight that could have dragged on, flowed by with relative ease as I was served champagne and wine as I watched two films ate my lovely lunch and then had an (probably alcohol induced) nap. I also managed to spend some time doing things from the goody bag that my mum packed me (thank you!) and read the letters given to me by some friends (thanks)!

Upon arrival I went through customs with relative ease, although needed to collect my study permit did require me going into a separate room for a while (under 10mins :D). I then proceed to baggage reclaim, oh the joys! My baggage took ages to come out and around which for awhile left me praying it hadn't gone somewhere else. It was all ok though and it eventually arrived. Lauren (a fellow study abroader) then went through to the terminal where we meet up with Steph who had been on another flight which had landed a little while before us and we proceeded to get a taxi to the university of York.

There was a little but of um-ing and arr-ing when we arrived at the uni as it wasn't clear where we were meant to go but then we found some very helpful people who help us know exactly what we had to do to get our keys ect. My room is all right. Nothing like hollycross but it's good. lots of storage and my pre-ordered linens where ready and waiting with a complementary gingerbread bear that had sleep tight iced onto his belly. I didn't unpack anything right away though as we had a house meeting and then we went to get frosh packs (like freshers and you'll here about it in the next post) and since then have been busy participating in all things frosh.

This one is probably quite boring, I promise the next one about Frosh will be a lot better as lots of crazy things have been going on. But for now: Hello Canada!

1 comment:

  1. Frosh? Why frosh? (By the way, this is Hayley. In case the user-name threw you a little.)

    ReplyDelete